Sunday 29 March 2015

84: My plans for the next three years

I have been somewhat quiet on this blog for a while after all the activity in 2014! I am currently running a couple of tumblr blogs (one of which I am neglectful of and really want to work on). Because I work all day on a computer and have some eyesight issue I rarely write long posts.

However I thought I would write a post about my long-term hopes and plans for the next few years today

I either hope to move to Dublin or Liverpool in late 2018/early 2019. I need to first sort out my finances however! But getting there).

I am finding London more and more aggressive and expensive to live in. Every working day, I have a long commute and it is fairly soul destroying to witness the selfishness, lack of understanding and sometimes outright aggression of commuters. I hate that I have to be hard myself to deal with this commute and am concerned about what it is doing to my empathy for others. I am concerned about the growing social divisions in London. I know I am lucky to earn a good wage and have a pension and mortgage, but I still find London an expensive place to live in. I live in quite a deprived area, and I see how it is getting further marginalised in the rush to redevelop surrounding areas. I am lucky to have friends in this area, as London can be a very anonymous place to live.

Liverpool appeals to me as firstly appeals to me as I have a ready made group of friends there. I know and respect these friends tremendously. Also I love Liverpool as a city and like the people! The fact that it is the Beatles city also does not hurt in the slightest.

But Dublin is where my heart is, and the place that I think of when life in London gets stressful. I feel so happy and at peace when I visit there. I know that Dublin has its social issues but will go with my eyes open. However moving to Dublin would be considerably more complicated than moving to Liverpool for a number of reasons. Maybe that is for later in my life.

I feel somewhat 'in a rut' at this point of my life but know that I have achieved previous goals I have set myself within the time scales I set myself. I see no reason why I should not achieve this goal. It may take time and a lot of research but I am hopeful!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete