Sunday 29 January 2012

45. My 2011

As you may have noticed I did not put much on this blog last year- there is a reason!
While 2011 was not exactly the worst year of my life it would have to be something of a contender! There has been a highly challenging situation which I have had to deal with.

I had a number of minor problems at home (bed bugs, plumbing). I have had somewhat more testing health issues (Plantar Fasciitis and IBS).

I have also had challenges in some of my closest friendships and family relationships. This is not to say that I do not love those friends. It is just that we are all going our own directions in life and sometimes that has been that I have had to walk certain paths on my own. Sometimes there are problems I feel that I don’t want to share for a variety of reasons. I realise that in the last year I have been withdrawn and on occasions a bit sullen. But I have needed distance in order to re assess how I view myself and to see more clearly how others perceive me.

I cannot discuss the main difficult situation that has been an issue in the past year. All I can say is that if it had not been for the support of various people things would be a lot worse.

Two positive things happened in my life last year. I got to spend quite a lot of time with the older of my two sisters and her baby son. It has been one of the joys of my life over the last few years is deepening my relationship with this sister. The other was my other sister getting married.

I am learning each day to accept myself more and to actually take pride in myself. I am learning that actually I have a lot to offer the world. I am learning to become the person I truly want to be and trust in the friendship and respect of others

No comments:

Post a Comment