Sunday 19 February 2012

50: 10 Tracks from my 1998

This was the year I studied for my MA in librarianship- too many memories!
Many of these tracks I was introduced to by the Mark and Lard radio show on Radio 1 but a couple I was introduced to By the Keith Cameron show on XFM and some by John Peel

1: Richard Davies-Cantina. Saw him live three times this year- he was awesome. Enjoyed hearing this song on Mark and Lard show as I was walking along Brighton sea front

2: Pernice Brothers- Clear spot

3: Elliot Smith- Waltz#2 (X0)

4:Future Bible Heroes- Lonely days

5: Fuzz Townsend- Smash it

6: Ultrasound-Best wishes

7: Salako- go on enlighten me, why doncha

8: Mercury Rev- Goddess on the highway (loved this single- was not so keen on album)

9: Gomes- 78 stone wobble

10:Delakota- The rock
Bubbling under

High Llamas- The sun beats down

Derrero- Radar invader

Delgados-Pull the wires from the wall

Sea Nymphs- Appealling to Venus

Hopkirk and Lee- My line is short

Couple of biggies that are bubbling under-

Space feat. Cerys Matthews- Balld of Tom Jones

The Cardigans- My favourite game

No comments:

Post a Comment