Thursday 11 March 2010

7: Starting Treatment


Soon after diagnosis I was placed under another hospital. I was put on Oxandrolone which is a an anabolic steroid.

My Mum trusted me to take the tablets myself. I would cut the tablets every night and take half. This helped me feel in control of the situation. I will discuss my attitude towards taking treatments in a later post.

I ended up becoming incredibly irritable and aggressive. I ended up arguing with other girls in my class and causing arguments. I was not warned that I would become aggressive on Oxandrolone. It was an interesting few months! It was interesting to note that even at this early stage doctors did not see the need to properly inform about the effects of the treatment they prescribed.

I did grow a bit as a result of using Oxandrolone. I had an advantage of having a tall father which means I have reached the respectable height of five foot!

After a year I was taken off Oxandrolone. Part of the reason for this was I was 13 and it had come time to go on Oestrogen...

No comments:

Post a Comment