Sunday 7 June 2020

Just a further thought

I try to speak my own personal truth about my experiences as a woman with Turner Syndrome

My friendships with other women with Turner Syndrome are one of the most important things in my life. I try to listen and learn from them.

Being a woman with Turner Syndrome is something at the centre of my being and informs a lot of who I am- and often positively. It has given me such insights

I cannot help but connect my experiences with Turner Syndrome to the experiences of other women. It has taken me years to name and articulate what I went through, to disclose the attempted rape and the inappropriate behaviour of the doctor who treated me as a teenager

Social media has helped me and connected me with many other women. >I have learnt a lot from them.

I have tried to raise my voice in a constructive and helpful way

But I feel I get too annoyed with others and that I contribute to the negative/unhelpful energy. I also spend to much time engaging in unhelpful discussions.

I have no regrets but want to rethink how I live things out

No comments:

Post a Comment